Friday, May 20, 2011

Lessons Learned this Week

  1. One person who I expected to be there for me in an emergency wasn't. Two people that I didn't really expect were...
  2. My beloved pets are going to die someday. I will have to continue to live after they do, if only to care for the surviving ones. I need to accept it and I will - but it will be easier to accept if I feel that they've lived long and happy lives. I need to let go of our "pact" - they will not be able to live as long as I do. I can only hope that I can help them to live happy and joyous lives, full of love.
  3. Certain of my neighbors have become good friends. Sometimes just being friendly turns into true compassion.
  4. My issues with Ph.D. vs. M.D. expertise (and respect) need to be resolved. I'm not an M.D., nor am I a V.D.M.. I'm intelligent and a good scientist, but I'm not a clinician and I should never think I know how to be one without any training. I've been humbled.
  5. Love trumps shame.
  6. Even my mother cannot always be there for me the way I'd like her to be.
  7. Sometimes I know what I need to do better than my parents. It's time to start trusting myself.

No comments: