Sunday, April 17, 2011

Slightly Embarrassed

Hi, I'm a wee bit embarrassed about my previous post regarding Charlie Sheen. Here's why:
  1. I predicted that he was near death and he hasn't died yet.
  2. We all may have been taken for a ride - it seems he knows how much he's worth regarding pop culture, voyeurism, the paparazzi and how to milk it. He milked it and will probably continue to milk it.
  3. It's just a bit embarrassing to be caught up in pop culture trash. I am only human, though.
So that's all I'm going to say regarding C.S. I don't really care what he does with his life, I really just find it disgusting that we, as a culture, get caught up in the media train-wrecks that are shoved in our face. I wish we were stronger than that temptation to look and stare, but I guess we are not. At least, I'm mostly ashamed that I am not.

No comments: